Easy Author Image gives you the option do you exactly that — easily add an author image to your profile page. Once you install this plugin, you’ll have a new option in the Your Profile tab (under Users) called Profile Picture, complete with a media uploader box that allows you to upload your very own author picture.
Whether you call it an avatar, an author image, or an author picture, Easy Author Image is a “Works Out Of The Box (WOOT-B)” solution to a common problem.
Once you update your profile, your new profile picture will replace every instance of where a Gravatar would normally show up. For every user on your blog (including you), the plugin will first check for an Easy Author Image profile picture and display that. If you or one of your users have not set your profile picture (common on blogs with many users, or with users who prefer to use Gravatar), the plugin defaults to the user’s Gravatar.
Reach out to me via GitHub or email (jesselawson at protonmail dot com).
If you use this plugin and enjoy it, please consider rating it. It only takes a second.
Thank you everyone who has downloaded this so far.
- Download the plugin from the plugin directory.
- Navigate to Plugins, then click on Add New.
- Click on Upload.
- Find the file you downloaded (easy-author-image.zip) and upload it.
- Ενεργοποιήστε το πρόσθετο μέσω του μενού “Πρόσθετα” στο WordPress
- Go to Users->Your Profile and get started! If you have multiple users, they all can log in and upload an image, too.
- How exactly do I get started?
- Go to Users->Your Profile.
- Find the new Profile Picture section.
- Click on the button that says “Upload New Author Profile Image”
- Use the media uploader to either Upload a new picture, Link to a URL of a picture, or select an image from your Media Gallery.
- Click on the picture you want to use and then click on the button at the bottom of the media uploader that says “Make this my author profile picture!”
- IMPORTANT: You MUST save the changes by clicking the Update Profile button at the bottom of Your Profile. If you don’t update your profile your author image will not be uploaded/changed.
- I selected an author image but I don’t see it in the preview. What happened?
You forgot to save your profile after you uploaded the picture. Go back and reupload or reselect your author image and then once you click on the Make This My Author Profile Picture button, click on the blue Update Profile button at the bottom of your profile page.
- How do I display an author’s image?
Easy Author Image comes with a function that will return the url of the author’s image. The function is called get_author_image_url().
If you want to display the author image in the loop, do something like this:
$avatar = get_author_image_url(); // The function uses get_the_ID() to grab the appropirate user ID for the author image. $name = get_the_author_meta('display_name'); $html = '<img src="$avatar" alt="A Picture of $name"/>'; echo $html;
If you want to display the author image somewhere not in the loop, do something like this:
$avatar = get_author_image_url('123'); // Replace 123 with the id of the author you want to use $name = get_the_author_meta('display_name'); $html = '<img src="$avatar" alt="A Picture of $name"/>'; echo $html;
Since Easy Author Image adds a new custom field to the user profile, you can also use WordPress’s internal functionality to retrieve the author image url as well:
$url = get_the_author_meta('author_profile_picture', $user_id);
- Does it matter what size the image is?
This plugin only deals with uploading and retrieving the image. It’s up to you to format it appropriately to your theme.
- I get it. So the get_author_image_url() function is basically just a pre-formatted call to get_the_author_meta(‘author_profile_picture’, $user_id), right?
- I have a multi-author blog and some people want to continue using their Gravatars. What should I do?
Nothing! Easy Author Image automagically defaults back to the Gravatar associated with the user’s email address if no profile picture is uploaded.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Easy Author Image” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Μεταφράστε το “Easy Author Image” στην γλώσσα σας.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
Περιηγηθείτε στον κώδικα, ανατρέξτε στο αποθετήριο SVN ή εγγραφείτε στο αρχείο καταγραφής αλλαγών ανάπτυξης μέσω RSS .
- Repackage as new update after JQuery fixes so that everyone’s version can update appropriately.
- Fixed JQuery issue with blank page after uploading author image. Special thanks to Jon at MakingMusicMag.com for helping with this!
- Removed alt tag with gravatar email address from gravatar img tag.
- Fixed JQuery function bug from 1.4 update!
- Big thanks to Chris McBride (Devonto.com) for the following 1.4 updates: Show an empty box when no image uploaded; Display the uploaded image when selected; Display the success message in red; Show a “delete” button to be able to remove the image
- Added js strengthening for header redirects
- Cleaned up code and added minified version of parts that could use it
- Added Vladimir’s (Pixel Industry) updated get_easy_author_image() handling of user_id. Previously the plugin was only using the email address. Now users can use a standardized way to fetch the avatar (sans get_author_image_url), and if you deactivate the plugin, you won’t see any problems (because there is no dependency on get_author_image_url). Thanks, Vladimir!
- Removed old dependencies on dated JS files (and updated JS files to match plugin).
- Updated depreciated update_usermeta to update_user_meta on line 121.
- Added the ability for admin to upload/update other users’ easy author images.
- Made Easy Author Image default back to Gravatar if an author chose not to use it.