“Great Support: The plugin does exactly what it says and it have worked really well so far. I had a small issue but the developer released a new update the day after which fixed it. Can highly recommend!” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ soccing
Unlock Seamless B2B Transactions with the UK/EU VAT Manager
In the rapidly evolving eCommerce landscape, the ability to cater to both B2C and B2B customers has become essential for growth and scalability.
For store owners selling across the UK and EU, navigating the complexities of Value Added Tax (VAT) can be challenging.
B2B transactions within this region often need validation of VAT numbers to ensure legitimate business purchases, allowing sellers to exempt these buyers from VAT charges, where they report it to their local tax authorities.
With our EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce plugin, you can effortlessly validate UK/EU VAT numbers using VIES (VAT Information Exchange System) services, enabling you to sell to businesses in the EU without the additional tax burden.
This not only streamlines your checkout process but ensures compliance, boosting trust and confidence among your B2B clientele.
In a nutshell, here is what this plugin does:
Collect & Validate VAT numbers: Adds EU VAT field to checkout page to collect VAT numbers and validate in real time
Collect VAT on Signup: Add the EU VAT field to your WooCommerce signup form, entries will be automatically saved in customer data fields
Preserve (keep) or Exempt VAT: Based on tax laws, select to remove VAT for valid VAT numbers or keep it, per country
Custom Progress Messages: Customize & show messages during validation so customers are informed what’s happening behind while communicating with VIES
Set Field Requirement: Go beyond optional & required, the plugin allows you to make the field customization based on different cases (more details below)
Add VAT Number to PDF Invoices: Compatibility with the renowned PDF Invoice & Packing Slips plugin, or any other plugin manually using field_id
Important Note: Throughout this description, we use “EU VAT or VAT” to refer to both EU and UK VAT for simplicity and flow. All options and rules specified for the EU also apply to the UK.
🤝 Recommended By
🚀 Main Features: FREE Version
🚀 Collect & Validate EU & UK VAT Numbers
Add VAT field to checkout and/or signup forms to allow customers to enter their VAT numbers
In real time, check VAT numbers on VIES services to verify if they are valid
Validate VAT numbers using SOAP web service, with fallback methods like cURL & Simple
🚀 Decide to Deduct or Keep VAT For Valid Numbers
Once results return if VAT number is valid, you can select what VAT charges to apply:
Remove VAT completely (generally when selling for businesses outside store base country)
Preserve VAT for store base country
Preserve VAT in selected countries of your choice
Preserve VAT if shipping country is different from billing country
🚀 Control Field Visibility & Appearance
Customize field name to reflect the common name for VAT for your audience (like USt, TVA, IVA)
Customize field placeholder (text appearing inside the field)
Add description to the field so customers are informed on what to do
Control field position in checkout page in accordance to other fields
Customize & label field class for CSS
Compatible with checkout pages built using page builders by manually adding EU VAT through field_id
🚀 Set Field To Multiple Required/Optional Cases
Select to make the field always required (if only selling B2B for example)
Make field completely optional for all customers
Make field required in selected countries only (and optional in the rest)
Likewise, make field optional in some countries (and required in the rest)
Select the field to be required ONLY if customer filled “Company” field
Warn users when field is set to optional by showing customized notification text message
For Belgium TVA Compatibility: Allow customer to select if they are individual or business, making the option required or optional based on selection
🚀 More Options to Validate/Invalidate VAT by Countries & User Roles
Always exempt VAT for selected user roles only
Always charge VAT for selected user roles only
Skip VAT validation for selected countries
Invalidate VAT checking and reserve VAT if country code in VAT number isn’t matching billing country code
🚀 Keep Customers Informed with Progress Messages
Enhance checkout experience by showing custom messages related to VAT validation
Select to show messages on different cases:
- Validating: While communicating with VIES services
- Valid: When results return Valid
- Invalid: When results return Invalid
- Validation failed: When communicating with VIES failed for technical reasons
- When customer select different billing & shipping countries (if that option is enabled)
- When customer uses a wrong company name (if that option is enabled “Pro option”)
- Control all messages with CSS: All messages have their own CSS classes to customize them along with your brand colors & guidelines
🚀 EU VAT Management for Admin
Add an EU VAT number summary meta box to admin order edit page
Add an EU VAT number column to admin orders list
Debug & logging options to monitor all validation events
🚀 VAT Reporting
With this feature, you can view a detailed breakdown of sales by each EU country, clearly highlighting total tax amount and transactions where zero tax was applied due to valid VAT number validation, offering clarity on your B2B transactions, ensuring transparency and aiding in compliance.
🚀 More Advanced Options
Import all standard EU Tax rates with a 1-click importer using our tool, accessible on WordPress Tools >> EU Country VAT Rates
If your customers are used to provide their VAT numbers without preceding country code, you can tolerate this and treat both numbers the same with a seamless experience for your customers.
PDF Invoice & Packing Slips compatibility: VAT number will be inserted to PDF invoices generated by PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce plugin
For other invoicing plugins, you can also add VAT number to invoice by field_id
Multi-Language Support: Plugin is WPML & Polylang compatible, you can use shortcodes to show different languages messages
Seamless validation & update Checkout page in real time using AJAX (without refreshing the page)
“Best plugin for EU VAT: I was using another plugin that is not supported anymore. Then I found EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce, and really, I’m very happy the other plugin is not supported anymore, not because it was not a good plugin, on the contrary, it was. But in another case probably I didn’t find this amazing plugin, that is even a lot better. EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce is the best plugin to manage the EU VAT. I love the VAT check that is made via Ajax in the background when you are in the checkout. Really kudos for this amazing plugin!” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Jose
“Perfect PLUGIN & Service: I was looking for a plugin for a european based b2b shop which will deduct the VAT from other eu countries. Found this plugin, installed it and it worked perfectly! The VAT was deducted on point and i was very happy. But then i noticed that orders from the same country will also deduct the VAT which I thought was not possible. I contacted Omar and he replied that this new feature will be released soon. Today he messaged me to update the plugin and i did! And guess what, now it works exactly as i needed it! Thanks a lot for this plugin and service!” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ khang1985
🏆 Do More: PRO Version
All the features mentioned above, and many more, are available in the free version. But if you’re looking to take things up a notch, consider our enhanced EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce Pro plugin.
Upgrade to the Pro version and unlock additional more features, including:
🏆 Show Specific Payment Method Only for Valid VAT
If you’re selling to businesses and wish to offer them specific payment gateways (such as cheques), you can hide that payment option unless a valid VAT number is provided at checkout.
🏆 Show/Hide EU VAT Field by Country & User Role
Choose the countries where the VAT field should be displayed (Use case example: Hide it for sales within the store’s base country, as VAT will always be charged to these customers)
Show field for selected user roles only
🏆 More Advanced Pro Options
Country Match: Check if customer’s country (located by customer’s IP) matches the country used in VAT number
Company Name Matching: Check if company name matches the VAT number, and show custom message if not
Local VAT numbers Handling: Allow checkout in countries with local VAT numbers which can’t be validated (not part of VIES)
💯 Why WPFactory?
- Experience You Can Trust: Over a decade in the business
- Wide Plugin Selection: Offering 65+ unique and powerful plugins
- Highly-Rated Support: Backed by hundreds of 5-star reviews
- Expert Team: Dedicated developers and technical support at your service
What’s Next? Check More Plugins by WPFactory
If you’re enjoying our plugin, we’d love for you to explore our other offerings. WPFactory has a diverse range of plugins tailored to enhance your experience.
Dive in and discover more tools to empower your WooCommerce Store!
Min Max Step Quantity: Define a min max, step and default quantity for products, show a dropdown, quantities on archive/categories pages, use decimal quantities, and much more on WooCommerce stores (Try our Free version)
Cost of Goods for WooCommerce: Make informed decisions to maximize profits, correctly calculate Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for your WooCommerce store and enhance your financial management capabilities (Try our Free version)
Email Verification for WooCommerce: Enhance WooCommerce security and credibility with Email Verification best plugin. Ensure genuine customer interactions, eliminate spam, and elevate email marketing efficiency (Try our Free version)
Free Shipping Over Amount for WooCommerce: WooCommerce Advanced Free Shipping plugin, use our plugin to quality customers for free shipping when they spend specific amount, by showing a bar on remaining amounts they need to spend to qualify for free shipping (Try our Free version)
Dynamic Pricing & Bulk Quantity Discounts: Create and manage advanced dynamic pricing and bulk discount rules for WooCommerce, encouraging bulk purchases and driving your sales to new heights (Try our Free version)
❤️ User Testimonials: See What Others Are Saying!
“Great plugin. We had a small problem and after contact we received the solution very fast. It works 100% now, thanks!” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ niek rijt
“The plugin works great, and does everything I need for selling to other countries in Europe! Support is great and they help develop new features to make the plugin even more compliant with the laws.” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Vincent Bus
“It is great! And support is very helpful even with free version. 5 stars!” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Vera
“Great support!: The plugin works great, and does everything I need for selling to other countries in Europe! Support is great and they help develop new features to make the plugin even more compliant with the laws.” – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ kingwebshops
Follow these simplified steps to get your plugin up and running:
From the WordPress Admin Panel:
1. Navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New”.
2. Use the search bar and find the plugin using the exact name.
3. Click “Install Now” for the desired plugin.
4. Once the installation is finished, click “Activate”.
Manual Installation Using FTP:
1. Download the desired plugin from WordPress.org.
2. Using your preferred FTP client, upload the entire plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
3. Go to “Plugins” > “Installed Plugins” in your dashboard and click “Activate”.
Manual download & upload from the WordPress Admin Panel:
1. Download the desired plugin in a ZIP format.
2. On your site, navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New” and click the “Upload Plugin” button.
3. Choose the downloaded plugin file and click “Install Now.”
4. After the installation is complete, click “Activate”.
Once activated, access the plugin’s settings by navigating to “WooCommerce > Settings” and look for the relevant tab.1. Upload the entire plugin folder to the
2. Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
3. Start by visiting plugin settings at “WooCommerce > Settings > EU VAT”.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Το “EU/UK VAT Manager for WooCommerce” έχει μεταφραστεί σε 2 γλώσσες. Ευχαριστούμε τους μεταφραστές για τις συνεισφορές τους.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
2.9.18 – 04/12/2023
- Add – Admin & Advanced > Enable manual validation of VAT numbers.
- Add – Admin & Advanced > VAT numbers to pass validation.
2.9.17 – 01/12/2023
- Add – Admin & Advanced > VAT shifted text.
2.9.16 – 29/11/2023
- Fix – Update API url of VIES curl validation.
- Fix – Update “Add progress messages” to default “yes”.
- Add – Validation & Progress > Validate action trigger.
- Checked compatibility with WC 6.4 & WP 8.3
2.9.15 – 15/11/2023
- Fix – Company name match in lowarcase.
2.9.14 – 09/11/2023
- WC tested up to: 8.2
- Add: Validation & Progress > Validate at signup form.
2.9.13 – 21/09/2023
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.3 verified
- Update filter text “EU VAT not provided”.
- WC tested up to: 8.1
- Adjust HPOS compatibility.
2.9.12 – 12/08/2023
- HPOS compatibility
2.9.11 – 12/08/2023
- WC tested up to: 7.9
- Add new filter “EU VAT provided” to user table
2.9.10 – 27/06/2023
- update js function alg_wc_eu_vat_validate_vat with load flag
2.9.9 – 15/06/2023
- extend validation result with new hook alg_wc_eu_vat_check_alternative
- WC tested up to: 7.8
2.9.8 – 30/05/2023
- update with extra character trim with eu VAT validator response.
- WC tested up to: 7.6
2.9.7 – 11/04/2023
- Update woocommerce_before_calculate_totals priority from MAX to 99, so users can run their own overwrite.
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.2 verified
2.9.6 – 31/03/2023
- Move to WPFactory.
- Enhanced field validation on page load
2.9.5 – 18/03/2023
- PDF invoicing compatibility is part of the free version
- Fixed a bug in field starting validation on checkout page load
- Altered classname to allow more control on the field
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 7.5
2.9.4 – 08/03/2023
- Enhanced field border color for validation (before & after entering values)
2.9.3 – 21/02/2023
- Fixed a bug to make VAT field mandatory if a company field is not empty
- Enhanced checkout VAT recalculations once VAT number changed/removed
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 7.4
- More compatibility with PHP 8.2 introduced by addressing deprecated methods
2.9.2 – 06/02/2023
- Fixed a bug in free version regarding “Preserve VAT in selected countries”
- Enhanced handling for “Undefined_constant” errors
2.9.1 – 30/01/2023
- Fixed warning message for Taxes group
- Enhanced VAT handling when manually editing an order for a preserved country
- Error messages in PHP 8.2 (creation of dynamic property)
- Reverted options to select validation methods
2.9 – 14/01/2023
- Improved session handling
- Fixed a bug showing PHP warning (title not defined)
- Verified compatibility with WooComemrce 7.3
2.8.5 – 06/12/2022
- Removed cURL & Simple validation methods as they are no longer used on VIES
- Added new shortcodes to translate EU VAT field in WPML & Polylang
- Enhancement to UK validation method
2.8.4 – 29/11/2022
- Enhanced session validation on checkout & cart pages, leading to better performance
- Added validation messages class names to tooltips
2.8.3 – 23/11/2022
- Enhanced validation checks when using PHP sessions, making more compatibility with stores using multisites plugins
- New option to completely remove the field from checkout so you can control it using field ID with checkout page builders
- Progress messages got class names, allowing customizing them using CSS
2.8.2 – 18/11/2022
- The plugin will automatically add VAT number to invoices in the popular plugin (PDF Invoices & Packing Slips)
- Bug fixes in cache handling
2.8.1 – 13/11/2022
- New feature: You can now show a custom message when VAT is valid but not matching company name (probably a minor typo)
- Fixed a bug in show/hide field for countries
- Enhancements on registration values passed to VAT validation
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.1 and WordPress 6.1 verified
2.8 – 20/09/2022
- Fixed a bug blocking checkout on valid numbers
- Allowed checking out if billing & shipping countries are different
- Enhanced VAT calculation when “Shipping to a different address” is unchecked without a refresh
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 6.9
2.7.4 – 02/09/2022
- Hotfix for a bug caused by SiteGround optimizer plugin and add related setting under Advanced tab
2.7.3 – 01/09/2022
- Fixed several bugs when field is required/optional
- Fixed bug allowing checkout on black VAT even field is required
- Fixed a bug on option “Show field in these countries”
- Enhanced caching mechanism on SiteGround hosting
- New feature: You can now verify if shipping country is same as billing country and preserve VAT if so
2.7.2 – 10/08/2022
- Added a new option to make field required in all countries except selected
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 6.8
2.7.1 – 04/07/2022
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 6.6
2.7 – 11/06/2022
- Update: Preserve VAT in shop base country/specific countries is now in FREE version
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 6.5 & WordPress 6.0
2.6.3 – 15/04/2022
- Fixed an issue in validating VAT on signup if field was empty
- Fixed a PHP Deprecated warning message & PHP Uncaught TypeError: explode()
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 6.4
2.6.2 – 26/03/2022
- Added dependency to the wp_enqueue_script function related to Ajax handling
- Fixed an issue when EU VAT field is optional while creating new users using REST-API
2.6.1 – 19/03/2022
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 6.3
- Added a new option in the revamped “Required” section to make the VAT field required if company field is filled
2.6 – 27/02/2022
- Added a new option to make the field required on selected countries only
- Enhanced how coupons tax should be handled on checkout
- Changed PHP_MAX_INT priority from server max. to 99 to allow more control for admins
- Fixed Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function message
2.5.4 – 18/02/2022
- Added an option to allow checkout even if VAT is not registered in VIES
- Added a new option to filter orders with VAT numbers in order admin page
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 6.2
2.5.3 – 28/01/2022
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 5.9 & WooCommerce 6.1
- Added an option to remove tax if customer is out of EU (Belgium regulations)
- Added an option to collect & validate VAT numbers in signup forms
2.5.2 – 11/12/2021
- Compatibility issue with Wholesale plugin user roles
2.5.1 – 10/12/2021
- New feature added: Allow specific payment gateway if VAT is valid (i.e. for B2B to allow wire transfers)
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.9
2.5 – 06/11/2021
- Fixed a bug in showing EU VAT label if not filled.
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.8
2.4.5 – 10/10/2021
- Enhanced EU VAT appearance in billing section so it’s easily identified
- UK VAT numbers are space-tolerated so plugin will read VAT numbers with/without spaces
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.7
2.4.4 – 20/09/2021
- NEW: The plugin now validates UK VAT numbers as well
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.6
2.4.3 – 06/08/2021
- Fixed a warning message regarding AJAX being broken
2.4.2 – 26/07/2021
- Added an option to hide validation messages in preserved countries
- Fixed a bug in removing VAT if shipping address is a forwarding address
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 5.8
2.4.1 – 13/07/2021
- Added an option to validate VAT based on final destination (if order is sent to a forwarding address)
- Fixed undefined index & order ID warning messages
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.5
2.4 – 24/06/2021
- Added a popup section to open official VIES website in orders backend (to verify VAT info on order)
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.4
2.3.3 – 16/05/2021
- Fixed a bug was showing “Undefined index” errors when connecting through SSH
- Verified compatibility with WooCommerce 5.3
2.3.2 – 03/05/2021
- Fixed a bug in session not firing in store
- Added tolerance for dash (-) in case VAT number was entered with a dash
2.3.1 – 30/04/2021
- Enhanced session configuration
- Added a feature to preserve tax if valid VAT number holders are not exempted (useful in Belgium)
- Tested compatibility with WooCommerce 5.2
2.3 – 20/04/2021
- Added new option to allow user to select VAT option
- Added banners on the sidebar
- Added a filter to control changes updates
- Checked compatibility with WC 5.1 & WP 5.7
2.2.5 – 28/02/2021
- Tested compatibility with WC 5.0
2.2.4 – 27/01/2020
- Tested compatibility with WC 4.9
2.2.3 – 30/12/2020
- Tested compatibility with WC 4.8 & WP 5.6
- Changed default session type to WooCommerce session
2.2.2 – 21/11/2020
- Tested compatibility with WC 4.7
- Plugin name updated
2.2.1 – 14/10/2020
- Fixed a warning message that was appearing the Site Health Check
2.2 – 02/10/2020
- Added more strings to be translatable using multi-language sites
- Tested compatibility with WC 4.5
2.1 – 20/08/2020
- Fixed a bug that wasn’t exempting VAT on manual orders (WP backend)
2.0.1 – 15/08/2020
- Tested compatibility with WP 5.5
- Tested compatibility with WC 4.3
2.0 – 25/06/2020
- Fixed a bug that prevented showing the correct message (valid successful) for compatibility with some themes JS
- Enhanced the SOAP method via using better communication method with EU VAT servers
1.9 – 17/06/2020
- Stopped calling the main JS file on all pages and keep it only on checkout for better performance
- Removed the string from a deprecated argument to get list of countries
- Fixed a minor issue that was causing error (failed to load external entity ) in communicating with VIES servers in some cases
1.8.1 – 25/03/2020
- Checked all plugin features compatibility with WC 4
1.8.0 – 23/12/2019
- Dev – Plugin author updated.
1.7.2 – 12/12/2019
- Dev – General – Frontend Options – “Max length” option added.
- Dev – Validation – “Skip VAT validation for selected countries” option moved from to “Advanced” section.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
1.7.1 – 05/12/2019
- Fix – Validation – Check for matching billing country code – Fixed for Greece (
ELis replaced with
GRwhen comparing country codes).
- Dev – Admin & Advanced – “Force VAT recheck on checkout” option added.
- Dev – Debug – “Error: VAT is not valid” message added to the log.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
- Tested up to: 5.3.
1.7.0 – 08/11/2019
- Dev – Validation – “Always exempt VAT for selected user roles” and “Always not exempt VAT for selected user roles” options added.
- Dev – Admin & Advanced – Debug – “Country code does not match” message added to the log.
- Dev – Admin & Advanced – Session type – “WC session” option marked as “recommended”.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
- WC tested up to: 3.8.
1.6.1 – 16/10/2019
- Dev – Validation – Check company name – Now converting all values to uppercase before comparing.
1.6.0 – 15/10/2019
- Dev – General – Frontend Options – “Show field for selected user roles only” option added.
- Dev – Validation – “Check company name” option added.
- Dev – Admin & Advanced – Advanced Options – “Debug” option added.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
1.5.0 – 13/08/2019
- Dev – Admin – Order List – “EU VAT” column added.
- Dev – Admin – Reports – Taxes – “EU VAT” report added.
- Dev – Admin – EU country VAT Rates Tool – Duplicates are no longer added for the country.
- Dev – Admin settings split into sections.
- Dev – Allow VAT number input without country code – Additional country fallback added.
- Dev – Functions – General –
- WC tested up to: 3.7.
- Tested up to: 5.2.
1.4.1 – 04/05/2019
- Fix – Preserve VAT in selected countries – Bug (when “Allow VAT number input without country code” is enabled) fixed.
- Fix – Show field for selected countries only – Bug (when “Required” is enabled) fixed.
- Dev – Frontend Options – “Confirmation notice” options added.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
- Dev – “WC tested up to” updated.
1.4.0 – 06/03/2019
- Fix – “Preserve VAT in selected countries” fixed when “Allow VAT number input without country code” is enabled.
- Dev – Frontend Options – “Always show zero VAT” option added.
- Dev –
- Dev – Shortcodes are now also processed in field label, placeholder, description and validation message options.
- Dev – Validation – Preserve VAT in selected countries – “Comma separated list” option added.
- Dev – Frontend Options – “Show field for selected countries only” option added.
1.3.0 – 31/01/2019
- Fix – Default field value on the checkout fixed.
- Dev – Display Options – Display – Multiple positions are now allowed (i.e. multiselect).
- Dev – Display Options – Display – In billing address – Field is now editable (“My Account > Addresses”).
- Dev – Frontend Options – “Label CSS class” option added.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
1.2.1 – 30/01/2019
- Dev – Advanced Options – “Session type” option added.
- Dev – Admin settings – “Your settings have been reset” notice added.
1.2.0 – 12/11/2018
- Fix – AJAX – Possible “undefined index” PHP notice fixed.
- Dev – General – “Priority (i.e. position)” option added.
- Dev – General – “Raw” input is now allowed in textarea admin settings.
- Dev – Code refactoring.
- Dev – Plugin URI updated.
1.1.0 – 07/06/2018
- Dev – General – “Check for matching billing country code” option added.
- Dev – General – “Allow VAT number input without country code” option added.
1.0.1 – 05/06/2018
- Dev –
%eu_vat_number%replaced value added to “Message on not valid” option. “Message on not valid” now doesn’t check for required (i.e. empty) field.
1.0.0 – 24/05/2018
- Initial Release.