Features of the plugin include:
- Define popup layouts by choosing predefined styles or creating your own style based on dozens of options! Live previews of the final project as it’s being created.
- Include custom-made sign-up forms in popups and define when it will be displayed.
- Enabling automatic sign-up to a subscription with the use of a checkbox added to other standard WordPress forms like: adding comments, user registration as well as forms of other plugins: WooCommerce, Easy Digital Download, bbPress, MultiSite, BuddyPress.
- Adding a checkbox to any other form with a few lines of code.
- Get reports on the sources of users’ registration in a selected period and check which form or checkbox generates the most new subscribers.
- Plugin integration with Google Analytics.
FreshMail – create, send and track email marketing campaigns that work
FreshMail is a web app for creating, sending and tracking email marketing campaigns. The system provides users in an intuitive tool for newsletter creation – FreshMail Designer – based on drag&drop method and rich in beautiful ready-to-use email newsletter templates. Many tests available in the system help to optimize campaigns and the report section allows to analyse their results. FreshMail provides customers with an excellent customer service.
Installing the plugin
This plugin requires at last: WordPress v 3.0 and PHP v 5.3.
The installation works in the conventional way.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add new, search for FreshMail for WordPress and click Install.
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of FreshMail_for_Wordpress.zip to your plugins directory, which usually is /wp-content/plugins/.
- Another way is to download the plugin, log into WordPress and go to Plugins > Add new > Upload plugin. Find the downloaded zip file and then click Install.
- When installed, click on Activate Plugin.
Connecting Plugin to the FreshMail account
Go to FreshMail tab > Connect with FreshMail and enter the API key and API secret in order to enable WordPress integration with FreshMail.
- Where do you find the API information?
- If you’re not already a FreshMail.com user you can create a free account.
After entering the correct data move to the Add New Form tab and select your list. Here the list of custom fields that you will be able to use in FreshMail will appear.
In Properties, Layout and Messages you will find additional possibilities of sign-up form configuration.
Adding Sign-Up Form
If you want to add the plugin to a template you should enter the Appearance > Widgets tab on the admin panel. In available widgets you will find the FreshMail option that is responsible for the sign-up form. For proper operation of the plugin just drag a widget into the selected spot on your template and select from the list previously configured sign-up form.
The plugin could be also inserted with the use of shortcode into any post, page or text widget. For example:
You can also display a sign-up form from your theme files by using one line of PHP code:
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[FM_form id="1"]' ); ?>
To display popup you have to check Show the sign-up form in a popup by the form configuration. The advanced settings of popups can be found in All Forms > Edit Form > Popup Properties tab.
You can define the criteria of popup display:
- after a defined process of page scrolling
- after a defined time spent on the website
- before an attempt to close the browser
and block the popup:
- for smartphones
- for defined UTM tags
- after reaching the maximum number of displays per user
- at a defined frequency
You can also set up forwarding to any page after sign-up to newsletter.
Configuring Sign-Up Checkboxes
You also have the option of enabling automatic sign-up to a subscription with the use of a checkbox added to other standard WordPress forms like:
- adding comments
- user registration
as well as forms of other plugins:
- WooCommerce (checkout)
- Easy Digital Download (checkout)
- BuddyPress (registration)
How to Configuring Checkboxes?
- Go to FreshMail for WordPress > Checkboxes.
- Select at least one of your FreshMail lists to subscribe to.
- Select the forms you want to add a sign-up checkbox to, eg your comment form.
There is also the possibility to add a checkbox to any other form with the use of a few lines of code.
<p class="comment-form-fm-sign"> <label for="fm-sign"> <input id="fm-sign" name="fm-sign" type="checkbox" /> Label txt </label> <input type="hidden" name="fm-sign-referer" value="<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>" /> </p>
- How to display a form in post or page?
Use the [FM_form id=”1”] shortcode.
- How to integrate the plugin with Google Analitycs?
You just need to add a below code into a source of website and configured it precisely to follow the activities in Google Analytics.
- How to display a form in widget areas like a sidebar?
Use the FreshMail Widget that comes with the plugin.
- Where can I find my FreshMail API keys?
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“FreshMail For WordPress” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
2.3.2 – 2019-10-10
Fix: API REST
2.3.1 – 2019-08-13
- Fix: Close button on shortcode
2.3 – 2019-06-04
- Add: Contact Form 7 messages
- Fix: Contact Form 7
- Fix: Show popup
2.2 – 2019-02-09
- Add: Get list type from Freshmail Panel
- Fix: Change jquery (dialog) popup to js/css popup
2.1.9 – 2017-09-25
- Fix: compatible with WordPress 4.8.
2.1.8 – 2017-05-30
- Fix: Error.
2.1.7 – 2015-10-30
- Fix: Show popup.
2.1.6 – 2015-10-30
- Fix: Session issue.
2.1.5 – 2015-09-22
- Fix: Add possibility to disable SSL verification.
2.1.5 – 2015-09-22
- Fix: Add possibility to disable SSL verification.
2.1.4 – 2015-09-01
- Fix: Now ApiKey and ApiSecret are checking only once per day or if they were changed.
2.1.3 – 2015-07-24
- Add: Option to display popout on every single page, post, product.
- Fix: Checkboxes in freshmail form now are avaliable to uncheck.
- Fix: Redirection works properly in shortcode form.
2.1.2 – 2015-07-20
- Add: Google url.
2.1.1 – 2015-06-29
- Fix: alert about php version
2.1 – 2015-06-23
- Add: Margins in fields
- Add: Remove all options and database tables during uninstall
- Fix: Remove old options from 1.x version
- Fix: Removed textarea from contact form 7 checkbox
2.0.2 – 2015-06-22
- Fix: Info about required PHP version (5.3 or higher)
2.0.1 – 2015-06-17
- Fix: Displaying shortcode in custom place of content
- Fix: Freshmail version compare
- Fix: Database converting to freshmail 2.x standard
2.0 – 2015-06-15
- NEW: redeveloped stable version
- Fix: validation secret and API keys
- Fix: checkboxes and integrations with: registration, comments, multisite form, WooCommerce, Easy Dig, bbPress, buddyPress, Contact Form 7
1.6 – 2015-05-06
- Fix: major security update
1.5.8 – 2015-04-24
- Fix: compatible with WordPress 4.2
1.5.7 – 2015-04-23
- Fix: fixed duplicating form
- Fix: plugins conflict while including REST API classes
1.5.6 – 2015-04-14
- Fix: fixed issue with popup
1.5.5 – 2015-03-18
- Fix: updated rest api class
1.5.4 – 2015-02-26
- Fix: issue with already subscribed e-mail
1.5.3 – 2015-02-16
- Fix: info about authorization/connection errors
1.5.2 – 2015-02-11
- Fix: removed short php tags
1.5.1 – 2015-02-03
- Fix: removed error with unknown variable
1.5 – 2015-02-02
- Add: Pop-up on selected pages
1.4.3 – 2015-01-27
- Fix: counting displayed pop-ups for non logged users
1.4.2 – 2015-01-19
- Fix: trimming connection data
1.4.1 – 2015-01-15
- Fix: Displaying authorization errors
1.4 – 2015-01-12
- Add: New default themes
- Fix: Displaying fields without labels and placeholders
1.3 – 2015-01-09
- Add: placeholder in fields
- Fix: database tables set to UTF8 encoding
1.2.10 – 2014-12-22
- Fix: adding first form
- Fix: save themes
1.2.9 – 2014-12-19
- Fix: save messages
1.2.8 – 2014-12-03
- Fix: doubled save custom theme
- Fix: numbers of custom theme
1.2.7 – 2014-12-02
- Fix: display names default themes
- Fix: Save custom themes
1.2.6 – 2014-12-02
- Update: Default themes
1.2.5 – 2014-11-26
- Fix: Wp color picker,
- Fix: Custom theme repair
- Initial realise