Ko-fi is a fast and friendly way to earn money from your blog, website or project. Over $30 million has been earned on Ko-fi so far and it’s growing every month!
The money goes directly to you with 0% fees from Ko-fi, it’s completely Free and a great alternative to ads!
Create your free page at ko-fi.com in just a few minutes and link your PayPal or Stripe account to start receiving donations.
Use the Plugin to add a Ko-fi button to any widget area, sidebar or use the shortcode [kofi] to add a button to any page or post.
To install the plugin, please follow the following steps.
- Go to ‘Plugins’and click Add New, search for Ko-fi and install the plugin or upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/Ko-fi-plugin directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings > Ko-fi Settings screen to link to your Ko-fi page and configure the default settings.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add a ‘Ko-fi button’ widget to any Sidebar or Widget area.
- Override any default settings in the widget.
- You can also add your Ko-fi button to any Page or Post using Shortcode [kofi].
What is Ko-fi
Ko-fi is a donation service allowing creators to receive small payments (roughly the price of a coffee) from supporters of their work. Used as an alternative to advertising, Ko-fi helps all types of artists, cosplayers, bloggers, coders and podcasters to fund their passions.
Do Ko-fi take a fee
Nope, we don’t take a fee from your donations. The payment processor will take a small fee for processing the transaction, but Ko-fi is a free service.
What about monthly memberships
Ko-fi offer Ko-fi Gold, a totally optional upgrade which allows creators to receive recurring monthly donations, create supporter only content and build a monthly membership service.
What does the WordPress Plugin do
The WordPress plugin allows wordpress users to easily add a customisable ‘Support me on Ko-fi’ button to their blog or website. Simply add the plugin, enter your page details and place the widget in a sidebar or widget area.
Alternatively use the [kofi] shortcode in your page or in the shortcode block.
For more information see the help page at ko-fi.com.
Help! The Default Code on my widget has changed
With the release of 1.0.1 your Ko-fi code now comes from the settings page when using the shortcode or a widget.
If you have not set your Ko-fi code in the settings page then simply update the Default Page Name/Id on the settings page, save the change and the widget will automatically pick it up.
- Thanks to @mlchaves for his assistance with making the plugin php7.3 compliant.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Ko-fi Button” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
- Fix button alignment bug with themes that support full width aligned blocks
- Fix conflict with Elementor
- Add donation panel widget
- Expand shortcode capabilities to include changing the username and embed the donation panel
- Allow changing the username in the widget
- Additional security checks
- Code quality improvements
- Handle the case with an apostrophe in the button text.
- Tested for button text handling extended characters.
- Align ‘Default Code’ field name in the Widget with the field name ‘Page Name Or ID’ on the settings.
- Set the default value in ‘Page Name or ID’ on the settings to being empty and set the placeholder to ‘supportkofi’.
- When adding a new widget take the default values from the current Ko-fi settings.
- Re-arrange settings into a more logical order on the settings page.
- Minor Updates to the wording used withhin the plugin and to the use of ‘Ko-fi’.
- Addition of ability to change button alignment within containing element.
- Bring plugin version in-line with readme.
- Fix hyperlink functionlity.
- Make the ‘Default Code’ widget field readonly and always the same value as on the settings page.
- Initial release