Simplicity at its finest!
This simple plugin adds a widget that allows for the display of recent posts in any custom post type. It functions almost identically to the built-in WordPress “Recent Posts” widget with the added option of letting you choose which post type it pulls from. Just add the “Latest Custom Post Type” widget to a widget area, give it a title, how many posts to show and what post type you want it to pull from. It’s that easy!
While this plugin allows for quick and easy use, there are also LOADS of advanced features that site owners, designers, and developers will all enjoy.
- Change how the posts are pulled (e.g. Publish date, modified date, meta keys)
- Change how they are displayed (e.g. Pull by modified date, but show in alphabetical order)
- Define custom text for when there are no posts to show (defaults to showing nothing)
- Define custom CSS classes
- Show post thumbnails with the option of a default thumbnail image and custom size
- Show the post date/time or post modified date/time and specify the format
- Show post excerpts, specifying the length and read more link text
- Restrict posts by taxonomy and taxonomy terms
A word on support and additional features
If you find any bugs, please let me know! In an effort to help others looking for similar answers and to help build the WordPress.org community I ask that all bug reports, requests for support and feature requests be made through the WordPress.org forums.
- Copy the entire “latest-custom-post-type-updates” folder into your wp-content/plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin.
- Add the widget to a widget area and select your options.
- Get the latest custom post type updates on any page!
- Can you add ‘some feature’ to the plugin?
Ask me in the WordPress.org forums and I will let you know. Note that not all requests will be added, but I will probably have a reason not to.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Latest Custom Post Type Updates” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
- Added excerpt, thumbnail, sorting, and multiple post type support
- Can now specify custom classes
- Several core improvements
- Added the ability to define custom text that displays only when there are no posts of the selected post type. Otherwise it displays nothing.
- Added ability to restrict displayed posts by taxonomy tags/categories.
- Allows for displaying posts that are in, not in, or in all of the selected taxonomy tags/categories.
- Added in missing closing UL tag
- Initial plugin release