This is a plugin you need but probably don’t realise. It does one thing very well and very simply. For every HTML email sent by WordPress it will provide a text alternative (within the one email).
99% of all email clients will just show the HTML version of the email. The other 1% can’t properly display HTML and will show the plain text email. Without this plugin, they would have had nothing to show. The other major benefit of this plugin come from the fact that will reduce the chances of the emails you send ending up in the recipients spam folder.
If you have more question about the why’s of this plugin, take a look at the FAQ.
Like this plugin? Please consider leaving a 5-star review.
Love this plugin or want to help the LocalHero Project? Please consider making a donation.
Installing the plugin
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for Add Plain Text Email and click “Install now”
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
add-plain-text-email.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin. Your HTML emails will now automatically have a plain text version attached.
Why add a plain text version?
Because it decreases the chance of your legitimate email being marked as being spam and thus landing (disappearing) in spam folders.
How is this plugin different from Danny van Kooten’s Add Plain Text Email plugin?
Both plugins achieve the same thing and use the same approach, however his simply strips html tags from the html email version to create the text version. In contrast mine uses a more advanced approach using the Jevon Wrights Html2Text library, thus includes links and other useful information whilst still producing a conforming text alternative.
Will this mess up my HTML email?
No, the plugin does not affect the HTML message of emails.
How can I tell if this plugin is working?
Once enabled some email clients will have an option to view emails as text only. Alternatively others (such as gmail) offer a Show Original function where you can view the raw email (and see that your HTML email now also has a text alternative)
What if something does not work?
LH Multipart Email, and all https://lhero.org plugins are made to WordPress standards. Therefore they should work with all well coded plugins and themes. However not all plugins and themes are well coded (and this includes many popular ones).
If something does not work properly, firstly deactivate ALL other plugins and switch to one of the themes that come with core, e.g. twentyfirteen, twentysixteen etc.
If the problem persists please leave a post in the support forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/lh-multipart-email/ . I look there regularly and resolve most queries.
What if I need a feature that is not in the plugin?
Please contact me for custom work and enhancements here: https://shawfactor.com/contact/
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“LH Multipart Email” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Μεταφράστε το “LH Multipart Email” στην γλώσσα σας.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
Περιηγηθείτε στον κώδικα, ανατρέξτε στο αποθετήριο SVN ή εγγραφείτε στο αρχείο καταγραφής αλλαγών ανάπτυξης μέσω RSS .
1.00 April 29, 2017
1.01 July 25, 2017
1.10 October 17, 2018
Singleton and bulk mail support, props y0uri.
1.11 May 17, 2019
Minor security, ie prevent direct access and bump compatability.
1.12 March 10, 2021
Compatible with wordpress 5.5 phpmailer changes.