Posts in Sidebar is a plugin for WordPress that lets you show a list of your posts using the criteria you want. This plugin gives you almost all the power of WordPress to retrieve the posts you want and show them in your sidebars.
The plugin has also a shortcode, that you can use in your posts/pages to list your posts. You can find more information in the Wiki page on GitHub.
Once installed, Posts in Sidebar creates a new widget for your sidebar. Add it to your sidebar, select the options to retrieve the posts you want, and save the widget: you’re done!
Here are some of the functions you’ll have:
- get posts by authors, categories, tags, post format, or any custom taxonomy;
- get posts by exact IDs;
- get posts by meta key/value;
- get posts by modification date;
- get posts children of other posts;
- get posts by search;
- get posts by recent comments;
- get posts by complex taxonomies queries;
- get posts by complex date queries;
- get posts by complex custom fields queries;
- get posts from the category of the current post;
- exclude posts by authors, taxonomies, and so on;
- control which elements of the posts are displayed (like post thumbnail, taxonomies, meta values, and so on);
- stylize the output of the widget using custom CSS styles;
- cache the output of the widget to save queries to the database;
- … and much more.
The powerful WordPress class
WP_Query is at your fingertips with this plugin. To understand what this plugin can do, take a look at this Codex page: almost all these functions are already included in Posts in Sidebar.
Documentation, Help & Bugs
The plugin’s documentation is hosted on GitHub. Please refer to it before asking for support.
If you need help, please use WordPress forum. Do not send private email unless it is really necessary.
If you have found a bug, please report it on GitHub.
I would like to say Thank You to all the people who helped me in making this plugin better and translated it into their respective languages.
- a modified version of @kometschuh’s code for “Category Posts Widget” plugin, used to open and close panels in the widget admin user interface;
- a modified version of @themesfactory’s code for “Duplicate Widgets” plugin, used to duplicate a widget.
Thanks to these developers for their work and for using the GNU General Public License.
This plugin does not collect any user data.
Installing Posts in Sidebar
Αυτή η ενότητα περιγράφει πώς να εγκαταστήσετε το πρόσθετο και να το κάνετε να δουλεύει.
- Upload the
posts-in-sidebardirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to the widgets manager and add the newly available widget into the sidebar
- Adjust the options to fit your needs
- Save and test your results.
Posts in Sidebar cleans up after itself. All plugin settings will be removed from your database when the plugin is uninstalled via the Plugins screen.
Please, see FAQ page on GitHub.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Posts in Sidebar” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Το “Posts in Sidebar” έχει μεταφραστεί σε 2 γλώσσες. Ευχαριστούμε τους μεταφραστές για τις συνεισφορές τους.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
- Changed admin UI in the “Getting posts” section.
The full changelog is documented in the changelog file released along with the plugin package and is hosted on GitHub.