Migrates WPML translations to qTranslate.
Might be compatible with other qTranslate forks and helper-plugins as well, but not tested.
Goodbye WPML, Hello qTranslate!
Note: This plugin will save you a lot of work, but more configuration and tweaking might be necessary.
- Upload the plugin in the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or automatically install it through the ‘New Plugin’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
WPML to qTranslate Migration
- Create a non-production environment to perform the migration. Make sure you have a backup if you want to migrate the production environment.
- Disable WPML
- Install and configure qTranslate X (or any other fork). Test if your environment is still ok.
- Go to Settings – W2Q: WPML to qTranslate and press ‘Execute’
- Test your environment. Some tweaks might be required.
- Make a donation. Greatly appreciated!
- How does it work
The plugin walks through all source elements from the wp_icl_translations table (source element is the element in the ‘original language’).
if the element is a post (post_) or a taxonomy (tax_) it will be migrated:
The translations for the element will be merged with the source element.
If the element is a post, any comments for the post will also be attached to the source element.
Once merged, the translation posts/taxonomies will be removed from the database.
- Will it migrate strings translations?
No. Only posts, taxonomies and terms will be migrated.
- Will all my URLs stay the same?
No, slugs are not migrated by default. Some urls will break. If the ‘qTranslate Slug’-plugin is installed during migration, the slugs for posts and terms will also be translated for you. Note: the taxonomy slugs will not be translated (e.g. /product-cat/ )
- Can I make a donation?
Sure! This is the link. Greatly appreciated!
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“W2Q: WPML to qTranslate” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
- FIX: Save terms in wp_option ‘qtranslate_term_name’ instead of using language tags
- Added some documentation and urls to the referred plugins in the admin interface
- First public version