FooSales POS is a point of sale (POS) system for WooCommerce that turns any computer, iPad or Android tablet into a physical retail platform.
FooSales POS makes it easy to sell your products and services in-person and run your business from anywhere in the world while automatically syncing your WooCommerce product inventory, order and customer data. Turn your WooCommerce store into an omnichannel retail platform for a fraction of the cost of a traditional POS solution thanks to integrations with popular printers, scanners, card readers and other devices. FooSales is perfect for retail stores, markets, pop-up shops, mobile events and many other use cases.
Built for WooCommerce
FooSales POS is designed and built to work natively with WooCommerce. It functions as a WooCommerce point of sale layer, making it possible to process orders in real time while maintaining a centralized architecture. When you process an order through FooSales POS, the order data is sent directly to your WooCommerce store in real time. FooSales leverages the many strengths of WooCommerce which includes secure, regularly audited code and an extensive ecosystem. Furthermore, all your store, customer and order data remain on your web server and is never transmitted or stored on any third-party servers, including our own.
Since FooSales POS is built from the ground up as a WooCommerce point of sale system, it can be accessed from multiple devices and is available as a web app and native tablet apps (iPad & Android tablet) which all share the same intuitive interface. FooSales POS is perfect for retail stores, markets, pop-up shops, mobile events and many other use cases.
Create, cancel and submit new orders directly through an intuitive interface. Orders can be filtered in the WooCommerce back-end so you can tell which orders were placed on your online store and which came through the FooSales POS. The orders screen is packed with critical product and customer information where you can print receipts for past orders, issue refunds, review daily totals and troubleshoot issues.
Capture payments with our WooCommerce Square and Stripe payments integration. Use Square and Stripe Terminal reader hardware to process payments in person with our seamless WooCommerce Square and Stripe integration or manually process cards over the phone. If you don’t use Square or Stripe, card payments can be manually processed using any third-party card reader of your choice and set to “Card Payment” at checkout. The payment type can also be set to “Cash”, “Direct Bank Transfer”, “Check”, “Cash on Delivery” and “Other Payment Method” or you can create your own custom payment methods.
Create profiles for your customers so that you can learn more about their shopping habits and view contact info and order history at a glance. Customer data is automatically synced with your WooCommerce store so that their order history can be referenced or tracked. Guest checkout is also supported so customers can remain anonymous.
The FooSales POS tablet apps support 8 different languages so you can use FooSales POS in the language you feel most comfortable in.
FooSales POS integrates with many popular printers, barcode scanners and other devices. This allows you to turn your WooCommerce powered store into an enterprise-level retail platform for a fraction of the cost of a traditional POS solution.
How do I get started?
Step 1: Install the WordPress plugin
Install the FooSales POS plugin directly from your WordPress admin area by clicking ‘Add New’ in the Plugins menu, then search for “FooSales” OR manually download the plugin from WordPress.org.
Step 2: Link your store to a 30-day free trial account
Create a FooSales account which will allow you to access all the FooSales POS features on any computer, iPad or Android tablet.
Step 3: Connect the FooSales POS apps to your store
Download the free FooSales POS iPad or Android tablet apps or visit web.foosales.com in your web browser and enter your WooCommerce store details to connect securely. FooSales POS can only access a website URL that is linked to your account so it’s very important that you enter the correct web address. Installation is quick and easy.
- PHP version 5.3 or greater (PHP 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- WooCommerce 3.1.0
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles all the file transfers. To do an automatic installation of FooSales POS, login to your WordPress admin area, navigate to the Plugins menu and click ‘Add New’.
In the search field type “FooSales” and click ‘Search Plugins’. Once you’ve found the FooSales POS plugin, you can view details about it such as release information, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading the FooSales POS plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work seamlessly, but as always though, please ensure that you back-up your website just in case.
If for some reason you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and clicking ‘Save’. That should revert things back to normal.
I’m in! Where do I start?
Sign-up to create a FooSales account and start your 30-day free trial!
How much does FooSales POS cost?
Various monthly and annual plans are available to suit your needs.
Please see our Pricing page for current plans and pricing information.
Does the FooSales POS plugin work anywhere in the world?
FooSales POS works in any country that WooCommerce supports which is practically all countries. WooCommerce currently integrates with over 100 different payment gateways.
Can I process card payments through FooSales POS?
FooSales POS currently offers a direct integration with Square Readers and the Square point of sale app (Square POS) to process payments. FooSales also supports Stripe Terminal readers and manual card entries. If you don’t use Square or Stripe, card payments can be manually processed using any third-party card reader of your choice and set to “Card Payment” at checkout. The payment type can also be set to “Cash”, “Direct Bank Transfer”, “Check”, “Cash on Delivery” and “Other Payment Method” or you can create your own custom payment methods.
Refer to the FooSales Payments help document to learn more.
Which Square and Stripe Terminal card reader models are supported in FooSales
The current list of supported card reader models can be found on the Hardware page.
Where can I buy Square and Stripe Terminal card readers?
You can purchase Square Readers directly from Square or from select online and physical retailers in the countries where Square is available such as Amazon.
Stripe Terminal readers must be ordered directly from Stripe through your Stripe dashboard (Note: model availability differs by region).
Can I accept credit card payments over the phone?
Yes, you can process card transactions directly within the FooSales apps by selecting the Square Manual Payment or Stripe Manual Payment option and entering your customer’s card details manually. With this option you do not require the customer’s physical card or reader hardware to process the payment. You can also use any other payment method to process the order over the phone and complete the order in FooSales with the selected payment type.
Is FooSales POS just a plugin?
FooSales POS is an app based WooCommerce POS and is available on iPad, Android tablet and a web app. The apps connect directly to your WooCommerce store using a lightweight WordPress plugin. Our native apps provide various benefits that simply cannot be achieved using plugin based POS solutions. These include offline mode, more reliable hardware integration, built-in camera support for barcode scanning, and greater choice of supported printers and card readers. That said, we also offer a web app so you get the best of both worlds.
What makes FooSales POS different from other POS systems?
Most traditional point of sale systems are stand-alone systems and are not designed to natively work with WooCommerce. They rely on bridging plugins to sync product catalogs between WooCommerce and their own catalog management systems. FooSales on the other hand is an WooCommerce first platform. FooSales POS connects directly to WooCommerce and uses it as a central database. This means you won’t have any syncing issues and your data is always secure and up to date, no matter how many stores or devices you connect.
Can I run the FooSales POS web app on my own domain?
Yes, you can but you will need to purchase the FooSales for WooCommerce extension which is sold exclusively on the WooCommerce Marketplace.
Does FooSales support products that are sold in decimal quantities (length, weight etc.)?
Yes! FooSales has built-in functionality that allows you to sell products using decimal quantities but this needs to first be configured in FooSales. You can even sell regular products alongside products that use decimal quantities. Please refer to this help document for more information.
Do you charge for technical support?
Support is free, however, the only support channel that we currently offer is via email. Our support team is distributed across a few different time zones and we only communicate in English at present.
How safe and private is my data?
FooSales POS is ultra-secure since it does not store any of your store data on our servers. All of your data remains on your own website, tablet or computer. FooSales POS simply connects to your website, pulls your product catalog, and sends new orders back to your site. FooSales POS also complies with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for added peace of mind.
How long does the FooSales POS setup process take?
Setup only takes a minute. Install the FooSales POS plugin, link your websites URL to a FooSales account and start selling.
We recommend visiting the Get Started page which will guide you through the entire setup process.
Can I run FooSales POS on any computer?
Yes! The FooSales POS web app runs in most modern web browsers including Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How difficult is it to setup FooSales POS as I’m not very technical?
The FooSales POS setup process is very easy. The most technical part is installing the FooSales POS WordPress plugin and connecting your WooCommerce store to FooSales POS. The FooSales POS WordPress plugin can be installed directly from your WordPress admin area by selecting ‘Add New’ in the Plugins menu and then search for FooSales POS. You can also download and install the plugin manually if you prefer.
We recommend visiting the Get Started page which will guide you through the entire setup process.
Can I use FooSales POS without WooCommerce?
Unfortunately, not at the moment. FooSales POS is a WooCommerce point of sale platform. It is specifically designed and built for the WooCommerce platform.
An active FooSales plan gives you access to FooSales POS on all platforms for the same price (web, iPad & Android tablet).
Please see our Pricing page for current plans and pricing information.
Can I use FooSales POS to manage multiple WooCommerce websites?
Yes, depending on the plan you’re on.
Please see our Pricing page for current plans and pricing information.
Does FooSales POS store my data or transmit it to any third-parties?
FooSales POS connects directly to your WooCommerce database using our secure REST API which fetches your store data (customers, products and orders). None of this information is saved or passed on to any third-party servers, including our own.
WooCommerce handles all the ecommerce functionality and payment processing in exactly the same way as your online store. The only customer data that we store on our side is related to your actual FooSales POS account and billing details (i.e. name, billing address, website store URL, email address and password).
FooSales POS complies with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for added peace of mind.
How do you install FooSales POS?
Simply visit the Get Started page which will guide you through the entire setup process.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“FooSales — Point of Sale (POS) for WooCommerce” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Το “FooSales — Point of Sale (POS) for WooCommerce” έχει μεταφραστεί σε 3 γλώσσες. Ευχαριστούμε τους μεταφραστές για τις συνεισφορές τους.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
2022-12-14 – version 1.31.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug when saving a product
2022-12-13 – version 1.31.0
* Point of sale plugin update: You can now specify individual products and variations that should / should not show in the POS regardless of whether they are enabled
2022-11-08 – version 1.30.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Plugin fork for FooEvents POS
* Point of sale plugin update: Added POS Settings tab to FooEvents event products to customize how attendee details are captured in the POS
2022-10-17 – version 1.29.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug in updating a customer’s details
2022-09-27 – version 1.29.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added Sales Channel filter to WooCommerce order reports
* Point of sale plugin update: Added setting to specify customer user role(s) to fetch as customers in the app
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor interface improvements and bug fixes
2022-08-25 – version 1.28.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Implemented support for Square sandbox when using Square Manual Payment in the web app
* Point of sale plugin update: Improved tax calculations for countries without states/provinces
* Point of sale plugin update: Cater for WooCommerce tax ranges for numeric postcodes and wildcards
* Point of sale plugin update: Cater for US postal codes with dashes
2022-08-03 – version 1.28.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug fix for when enabling the setting to only load in stock products
2022-07-12 – version 1.28.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Various improvements for the FooEvents integration for single and multi-day events (bookings and seating events are not currently supported)
2022-06-22 – version 1.27.3
* Point of sale plugin fix: Possible conflicts with other custom WooCommerce payment gateways
2022-06-07 – version 1.27.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to support decimals in product quantities
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to change an order’s cashier from the order details screen
2022-04-27 – version 1.26.2
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug fix for customers that don’t have email addresses
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug fix for restocking canceled orders that contain variable products
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug fixes for offline mode
2022-04-11 – version 1.26.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Minor improvements for offline mode
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a check for media thumbnail sizes that might cause issues in the app
2022-03-14 – version 1.25.2
* Point of sale plugin fix: Fix adding capabilities to non-existent cashier user role
2022-03-03 – version 1.25.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: Bug fixes related to the payment method and cashier filters on the WooCommerce orders page
2022-03-02 – version 1.25.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a new payment method for capturing payments in Stripe using the Stripe Reader M2 Bluetooth reader (requires app version 2.7.3 or higher)
2022-02-15 – version 1.24.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a new payment method for capturing payments in Stripe using the BBPOS WisePad Bluetooth reader (requires app version 2.7.2 or higher)
2022-01-26 – version 1.23.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a new payment method for capturing payments in Stripe using the BBPOS Chipper Bluetooth reader
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a setting to show/hide product SKU on printed receipts
2022-01-07 – version 1.22.7
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug in order limit dropdown
2021-12-23 – version 1.22.6
* Point of sale plugin fix: Minor bug affecting syncing offline changes
2021-12-20 – version 1.22.5
* Point of sale plugin fix: Cater for situations where the WooCommerce plugin might be disabled
* Point of sale plugin fix: Fixed FooEvents integration for FooEvents plugin version 1.14.10
2021-12-07 – version 1.22.4
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a new ‘Status’ section to FooSales plugin Settings
2021-11-30 – version 1.22.3
* Fix: Cater for timezones when fetching product, order and customer updates
2021-11-02 – version 1.22.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Include newly added customers when the apps fetch data updates in the background
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a new ‘Cashier’ user role which can be used to limit user access to the FooSales apps and filter orders based on the cashier who processed the order
* Point of sale plugin update: Added order analytics to help us improve the product and share insights with the community. Existing FooSales users will need to opt-in via the FooSales Settings page to enable order analytics
2021-10-07 – version 1.21.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: An issue where product variation image URLs were not being sent through
2021-10-06 – version 1.21.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added support for rounding tax at line level
* Point of sale plugin update: Load product images in batches
2021-09-09 – version 1.20.1
* Point of sale plugin update: Added backwards compatibility for Square Terminal users who are still using the v2 webhook URL
2021-08-31 – version 1.20.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added support for accepting payments in the FooSales apps using Stripe terminal
* Point of sale plugin update: Added support for third-party WooCommerce order number plugins
2021-06-28 – version 1.19.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Improved tax calculations for countries/states that make use of multiple tax rates
2021-04-28 – version 1.18.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added support for customized payment method titles including the ability to re-order and enable/disable default payment methods
2021-03-29 – version 1.17.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to pair a Square Terminal device
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to process a checkout payment using a paired Square Terminal device
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to filter orders where the payment method used a Square Terminal device
2021-03-11 – version 1.16.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Fixed a formatting issue when showing currency symbols in the tablet apps
2021-02-18 – version 1.16.1
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to create a new customer at checkout in the Web app
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to only show products that are in stock
2021-02-03 – version 1.16.0
* FooSales POS: Created new standalone plugin point of sale settings screen
* Point of sale plugin update: Added option to specify which product statuses should be fetched into the FooSales point of sale
* Point of sale plugin update: Added functionality to allow the FooSales point of sale web app to capture credit card payments with Square
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: Online as well as POS orders are now shown in FooSales and you can filter between these two order types
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: Minor bug fixes when fetching and storing cached data on the device
* Point of sale Web app update: Added manual Square payment integration
* Point of sale Web app update: Updated historical order view to display coupon codes used
2021-01-25 – version 1.15.1
* Point of sale plugin update: Added API endpoints to fetch updated product and order data within the FooSales point of sale
* Point of sale plugin update: Added WooCommerce Square payment integration for processing payments via Square hardware (Square Stand, Chip and Magstripe readers) within the FooSales point of sale
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a setting to limit the total number of WooCommerce orders loaded in the FooSales point of sale apps
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: FooSales now integrates with Square hardware and Square point of sale (Stand, Chip and Magstripe readers)
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: View Square transactions from the orders screen
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: Automatically refund Square transactions when canceling/refunding an order
* Point of sale iPad app update: Improved product, customer and order search functionality thanks to support for multi-word search
* Point of sale iPad app update: After the initial load, all data is now cached locally on your device to speed up connection times to your store for subsequent app loads
* Point of sale iPad app update: Pull down to refresh product and order data to get the latest updates
* Point of sale iPad app update: Updates to product and order data as well as any new orders can now be automatically fetched from your store in the background
* Point of sale iPad app update: The frequency of background data updates can be set in the Settings screen
* Point of sale iPad app update: Added a plugin setting to limit the total amount of orders to load
* Point of sale iPad and Android app update: Star mPOP connection stability improved
2020-11-24 – version 1.14.7
* Point of sale plugin update: Fetch WooCommerce products of any status, not just published, future and draft products
* Point of sale iPad app update: We’ve given FooSales a brand update and the user interface has a fresh lick of paint
* Point of sale iPad app update: Added support for dark mode to save battery life and reduce eye strain and screen glare
* Point of sale iPad app update: Added support for 7 different languages! Change your language preferences at any time from your device settings
* Point of sale web app update: Redesigned interface with new branding
* Point of sale web app update: Support for dark mode
* Point of sale web app update: Minor improvements to the layout
* Point of sale web app fix: Minor bugs relating to disconnecting from the store while an order is in progress
2020-10-01 – version 1.14.6
* Point of sale plugin fix: Additional WooCommerce tax and line item total calculation fixes when adding products that have their prices entered including tax and conditional tax classes
2020-10-01 – version 1.14.5
* Point of sale plugin fix: Tax and line item total calculation when adding products that have their prices entered including tax
2020-08-18 – version 1.14.4
* Point of sale plugin fix: Updated point of sale REST API endpoints to adhere to WordPress 5.5 requirements
2020-07-30 – version 1.14.3
* Point of sale plugin fix: Error applying WooCommerce coupon codes when certain third-party product management plugins are used
2020-03-23 – version 1.14.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Minor admin setting update to category selection for better usability
* Point of sale plugin update: Added WooCommerce version that FooSales was tested up to
2020-03-04 – version 1.14.1
* Point of sale plugin fix: Tax calculation bugs in the order refund functionality
2020-01-29 – version 1.14.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added order note functionality
2020-01-10 – version 1.12.3
* Point of sale plugin update: Added REST API
2019-12-19 – version 1.12.2
* Point of sale plugin update: Added offline changes XML import
* Point of sale plugin update: Added a FooSales admin menu option
2019-10-16 – version 1.12.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added additional payment methods
* Point of sale plugin update: Added support for the price thousand and decimal separator values
2019-09-18 – version 1.11.0
* Point of sale plugin update: Added new settings to customize the titles shown on printed receipts
* Point of sale plugin update: Added new setting to optionally display the FooSales logo at the bottom of invoices & receipts