Stay in touch with your visitors very easily. Pirate Contact Forms offers you a great and friendly contact form for your website.
This is an easy-to-use WordPress contact form with captcha plugin. To create a contact form you just need to use the [pirate_forms] shortcode or use the WordPress contact form widget.
Why use our responsive WordPress Contact Form:
- It’s easy to use
This Contact Form 7 or any form builder alternative is very easy to set up. You can quickly create an engaging contact form by using a shortcode and copying it where you want it to appear.
- It’s fully customizable
This WordPress Contact Form plugin allows you to customize everything you want. You can change the field labels and decide what message to tell your visitors when an error shows up. You can also decide which fields are required and which are not.
- Provides reCaptcha
Avoid spam messages and make sure the e-mails you receive are entirely addressed to you.
- Comes with SMTP
With the SMTP option, you can be sure you won’t miss any e-mail from your visitors. The messages will be safely delivered from the source to your personal e-mail address.
If you were using Mandrill’s SMTP for transactional emails and contact forms, you should take a look at these Mandrill Alternatives.
- Stores contacts in special databases
You can keep all the contacts in an archive by saving their e-mail addresses. Pirate Contact Form allows you to do that by providing contact databases.
A simple to use contact form plugin for creating a clean contact form using the [pirate_forms] shortcode or the ‘Pirate Forms’ form widget.
- What PirateForms isn’t for now
This is not a form maker or drag & drop builder plugin nor «the best contact form plugin», you cannot add new fields or create multiple forms (subscription forms, payment, order, feedback or quote), there are some great alternatives out there for those like : Caldera Forms or Ninja Forms.
We’ve also built some fantastic free themes that work well with Pirate Contact Form, check them out.
- Choosing the fields(required or not)
- Choosing the labels
- Choosing error messages
- Store the contacts in the database
If are you looking for other alternatives check-out our article on best contact form plugins.
This plugin started as a fork of https://wordpress.org/plugins/proper-contact-form/.
- Installation Instructions
Activating the Pirate Contact Form plugin is just like any other plugin. If you’ve uploaded the plugin package to your server already, skip to step 5 below:
- In your WordPress admin, go to Plugins > Add New
- In the Search field type «pirate forms»
- Under «Pirate Forms,» click the Install Now link
- Once the process is complete, click the Activate Plugin link
- Now, you’re able to add contact forms but, first, we could configure a few settings. These can be found at Settings > Pirate Forms
- Make the changes desired, then click the Save changes button at the bottom
- To add this form to any page or post, just copy/paste or type «[pirate_forms]» into the page or post content and save. The form should appear on that page
Nicely done…. simple but complete… easy to use…with outstanding support.. Thanks for a great one folks…
We have only one problem.
Recaptcha troungh smartphone don’t work.
After inserting the form into a page, when I write in the form, the letters are invisible. I tried changing the font color but it doesn’t work.
I have tried a few contact form plugins including more established ones like Contact Form 7.
Between all the contact form plugins, this is the easiest to install and get working.
You can even include the Google CAPTCHA (a Google feature).
So far so good.
Installed this on half a dozen websites. It’s all they needed. Worked well so far, and was easy to customise with CSS.
Please don’t try to turn this into a Contact Form 7 function-a-like. Keep it small.
Just installed Pirate Form, attached to Zerif Lite WP theme, and it will not send messages with SMTP using the standard Form Processing Option on its second set-up tab. This is most disappointing – one expects a pre-installed plug-in to work in fairly foolproof manner.
Admittedly, I don’t know whether I’m the cause: what are the proper formats to enter in the fields «Contact notification sender email» and «Contact submission recipients» — email address(es) only or other? The fact that I’m asking, however, is indicative of the plug-in’s fundamental problem: it does not anticipate fools like me.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Contact Form & SMTP Plugin by PirateForms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Συντελεστές
Interested in development?
- Fixed security error when upload field was active.
- Added integration with custom emails plugin
- Fixed text domains errors
- Escape form fields ( Thanks to Gabriel Avramescu email@example.com )
- Fixed php strict standards error
- Update tags
- Tested up to WordPress 4.6
- Fixed IP issue when using web server behind a reverse proxy
- Fixed W3C compatibility issues
- Remove pcf=1#contact from url when theme is different then Zerif
- Removed blacklist option and made it default set to true
- Display site key and secret key fields only if recaptcha option is selected
- New attachment option
- New thank you URL option
- New option to make the nonce optional
- textarea field not saving
- Update screenshots
- Added a clearfix after the Pirate Forms widget to avoid messed layout
- Update compatible WordPress version number
- Fix issues with checkboxes not saving data
- Redo the layout of the plugin’s admin area
- Fix issues with multiple forms on same page
- Update readme.txt
- Update contributors names
- Option to change recaptcha language
- Fixed #55 Recaptcha too down
- Fixed layout issues #52
- Update readme.txt with == Changelog == section #51
- Update readme.txt
- Update translations files
- #42, translation issues fixed