This plugin allows you to easily mark certain pages with “Permissions” and only users with those permissions will be allowed to see the contents of the page.
Page Permissions: This plugin adds a new Permissions taxonomy to your pages. Administrators can create/assign new permissions from the Edit Page screen (you can also use the Quick Edit link). You can add/edit/delete permissions from the Permissions sub-menu under the Pages menu. Pages with no assigned permissions can be seen by everyone.
User Permissions: Administrators can add/remove permissions from a user using the checkboxes on the Edit User screen. The All Users page has a column that shows the permissions assigned to each user.
Restriction Message: If a page has permissions assigned, the content will only be visible to users that have one of those same permissions assigned. Otherwise, the content will be replaced by a generic message or a custom message which can be defined in the plugin settings using the standard WordPress editor (including the ability to add media and formatting).
Redirect to login: Instead of a restriction message, you can choose to have users get redirected to the login page.
- Upload the contents of
- Ενεργοποιήστε το πρόσθετο μέσω του μενού “Πρόσθετα” στο WordPress
- How do I restrict access to a page?
Go to the Edit Page screen for the page you want to restrict, and find the new “Permissions” section. Create and assign a new permission (e.g. “Gold subscriber”) and update your page. Now this page content will only be viewable by users who have this same permission assigned to them.
- How do I allow a user to see a restricted page?
If a page is restricted, it’s content will only be viewable by users who have this same permission assigned to them. To assign a permission to a user, go to the Edit User page and you will see all possible permissions listed. Put a checkmark beside the Permissions you want to assign to this user. Save the changes, and the user will be allowed to see the page.
- If a page has multiple permissions assigned, does a user need to have all those permissions assigned to her/him in order to see the page?
A user only needs to have one of the page permissions assigned to her/him in order to see that page. For example, if a page is assigned the permission “Gold subscriber” and another permission “Silver subscriber”, a user who is assigned the permission “Silver subscriber” will see the page.
- What about pages with no permissions assigned to them?
They are visible to everyone.
- Will this plugin restrict posts?
No. This plugin is only for pages.
- Will this plugin restrict pages that use custom page templates?
It depends. If your page template uses the_content() to retrieve the main content, and does not loop through any posts, then yes this plugin will restrict the page. Otherwise, see the answer below.
- Will this plugin restrict pages that show posts (archive pages)?
No. This plugin hides the main content of the page (the_content()). Any page template that loops through posts, be they default posts or custom post types, will continue to show those posts. A more advanced content restriction plugin (usually paid) would be required for your needs.
- What WordPress user capabilities are required for the different functionalities of this plugin?
The manage_options capability is required to edit plugin settings.
The edit_users capability is required to assign permission to users.
Any user who has the rights to edit a page also has the rights to assign permissions to the page and create new permissions.
- How can I contribute to the code?
The plugin is on GitHub, feel free to submit a pull request.
- What languages does this plugin support, and how can I help translate it?
This plugin was released in English and French, and anyone can add additional translations from here.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“Simple Restrict” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
Το “Simple Restrict” έχει μεταφραστεί σε 1 γλώσσα. Ευχαριστούμε τους μεταφραστές για τις συνεισφορές τους.
Ενδιαφέρεστε για την ανάπτυξη;
- Αρχική έκδοση
- Updates to translations
- Switch to translate.wordpress.org.
- Testing on WordPress 4.5.
- Updates to readme and descriptions.
- Update to show Tested up to WordPress 4.9.4
- Adds option to redirect user to login page instead of showing the restriction message (thanks to ClearPathDigital)
- Updates to readme, description and FAQ to include GitHub URL.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.8
- Allows restriction of homepage
- Fixes a bug that caused the default restriction message to be ” (empty text) instead of the plugin’s usual default.
- Adds compatibility with WordPress 5.0 (Gutenberg editor)
- Minor bug fix with Permissions column on Users page
- Changing the WordPress capability required for editing a user’s permissions from manage_options to edit_users.
- Fixes a bug that would erase user permissions when they edited their own profile.