wpForo Forums is the best WordPress forum plugin. Full-fledged yet easy and light forum solution for your WordPress website. Comes with modern and responsive forum layouts and styles. This WordPress forum plugin brings everything you need to run an efficient and professional community. Powerful and beautiful forum with unique features.
5 Minute Forum Installation!
1. Activate plugin and find forums on /community/ page, (/community-2/ if /community/ is used), 2. Manage Forum Page, Title, etc in Dashboard > wpForo > Board > Edit Board admin page, 3. Manage Forums in Dashboard > wpForo > Forums admin page, 4. Manage Forum Menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menu admin page, 5. Manage Forum Widgets in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets admin page, 6. Manage Forum Colors in Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles admin page, you can choose forum color styles.
Multi-layout WordPress Forum Plugin
- Extended Forum Layout
- Simplified Forum Layout
- Question and Answer Forum Layout
- Threaded Forum Layout
wpForo forum plugin is well integrated with many Profile Builder and Paid Membership plugins, such as BuddyPress, Ultimate Members, WooCommerce Membership, MemberPress and SureMembers plugins.
wpForo is a WordPress forum plugin with all possibilities of plugin translation. We’d really appreciate if you could help translating wpForo forum plugin to your language here.
- Multi-board: Allows to have multiple separate forum pages
- Multi-language: Allows to forums with different languages
- Multi-layout: Four modern forum layouts (Q&A, Threaded…)
- Designed for small and extremely large forums/communities.
- Migrate from other forums using Go2wpForo tool.
- Four different forum layouts and designs.
- Six set of forum color styles including dark style.
- Super responsive forum on all kind of devices.
- Live user notification system
- Built-in forum SEO functions.
- Built-in forum Sitemap and Search Engine ping.
- Built-in forum Cache System.
- Built-in forum Antispam and Akismet integration.
- Advanced forum user profile system.
- Forum Member Rating and Badges.
- Built-in forum/topic subscription.
- Drag and Drop forum management system.
- Topic and Post front-end moderation.
- Forum topics and posts Read / Unread logging.
- Topic Tags and Tags Widget.
- Forum styles with different colors.
- Built-in, powerful forum Usergroup system.
- Forum Access sets per Usergroup per Forum.
- Forum Phrase System for quick translation.
- WordPress .MO/.PO translation files.
- Tools and options for GDPR Compliance
- Social Network Share Buttons
- BuddyPress Integration
- Ultimate Member Integration
Need more forum features?
Find wpForo forum plugin addons on gVectors Team website…
- Install wpForo Forum plugin in Dashboard > Plugins admin page. Then activate it.
- If you have more than 100 users wpForo forum plugin prompts you synchronize users.
- Manage Forums in Dashboard > wpForo > Forums admin page,
- Manage Forum Menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menu admin page,
- Manage Forum Colors in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, you can choose forum color styles.
Forum Page – How to change forum page?
Forum Page – wpForo creates a forum page with
/community/slug. Forum URL can be changed in Dashboard > wpForo > Boards > Edit Board and change the slug. Make sure you use WordPress permalinks. wpForo forums don’t work with default
?p=1URL structure. Forum page only contains [wpforo] forum shortcode.
Forum Menu – wpForo forum menu is a regular WordPress menu. In Dashboard > Appearance > Menu admin page wpForo forum creates new navigation menu (forum top menu bar) called “wpForo Navigation (wpForo Menu)”. Forum menu is attached to wpForo Menu location.
Forum Sidebar and Widgets – wpForo forum comes with own right (RTL left) sidebar and widgets (Recent Forum Topics, Recent Forum Posts, Forum Search, Forum Online Users).
Forum Layouts – What is forum layout?
Forum Layouts – wpForo Forums has Forum Layouts and allows to create hybrid forums. wpForo theme has built in multi-layout system. Each forum section (category with forums and subForums) can be displayed with different forum layout.
Forum Manager – How to add / edit/ delete forums?
Forum Manager – You can add new category, forum or subForum in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page. The Forum add / Forum edit / Forum Delete / Forum Hierarchy can be managed on the same admin page.
Forum Shortcodes – What shortcodes are available?
Forum Shortcodes – Started from version 1.0.0 you can use wpForo shortcodes.
Forum Styles – How to change forum colors?
Forum Styles – Please navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles admin page. Here you can find wpForo forum front-end colors and styles. You can choose forum colors: default (blue), red, green, orange, grey, dark. You can select forum color set or customize each color manually.
Forum Member – How to manage forum members?
Forum Member – Forum Members are the same WordPress users. wpForo forums is fully integrated with WordPress. It comes with own Forum Login and Forum Registration page. Users get an advanced Forum Profile. You can manage all members in Dashboard > Forums > Members admin page.
Forum Reputation – What is forum member reputation and badges?
Forum Member Badges and Reputation – wpForo forum has a simple yet powerful user reputation system. Currently it based on number of forum posts.
Forum Accesses – How to allow/restrict users to certain forums?
Forum Access and Permissions – Forum Accesses are different sets of forum permissions (CAN’s) designed to help forum admins control (allow/restrict) Users’ actions in each forum.
Forum Usergroups – What is forum users’ Usergroup?
Forum Usergroups and Permissions – In order to have an extended forum user permission system with full control over all forum user actions, wpForo comes with own Forum Usergroup system.
Forum Translation – How to translate this forum?
Forum Translation – wpForo forum can be translated using PO/MO files or you can do a quick translation using wpForo Forum Phrase system in Dashboard > wpForo > Phrases admin page.
Forum GDPR Compliance – Tools and options to comply to GDPR
Forum GDPR Compliance – wpForo has almost all forum specific tools and functions to comply your forum to GDPR. Please navigate to wpForo > Settings > Privacy & Rules admin page and go through all instructions and options.
Συνεισφέροντες & Προγραμματιστές
“wpForo Forum” είναι λογισμικό ανοιχτού κώδικα. Οι παρακάτω έχουν συνεισφέρει στη δημιουργία του.Συντελεστές
IMPORTANT NOTES for UPDATE
- After the update, please delete all caches and purge CDN if you have
- After the update, please flush Redis Object Cache if you have this cache enabled
wpForo Forum 2.2.0 – 2.2.2 | 14.09.2023
- Version 2.2.2
- Added: Increase max length of avatar URL field
- Added: Synchronize user roles and usergroups when roles are updated
- Fixed Bug: Issue with adding new forum access in non-latin languages
- Fixed Bug: Secondary usergroups syncing issue with multiple user roles
- New Addon: wpForo – MemberPress Integration
- New Addon: wpForo – SureMembers Integration
- Version 2.2.1
- Fixed Bug: PHP Error with Blog-Forum Cross Posting addon
- Fixed Bug: Forum board pageid shows “not found” message for Forum Admin
- Fixed Bug: Permission issue with editing of forum cover image
- Version 2.2.0
- Compatibility: WordPress 6.3
- Added: Button to copy a forum with all settings and permissions in dashboard
- Added: Filter hook to change wpForo forum cache directory
- Added: New email shortcodes
- Added: Improved forum canonical URL generation and filtering unnecessary parts
- Added: Flexible forum tag separator, hook to change
- Added: Shortcode for activity, account, and other forum profile pages
- For example
[wpforo item="activity" id="1"], the
idis a user ID
- For example
- Fixed Bug: PHP Fatal error when disable following and subscriptions modules
- Fixed Bug: Issue with arabic comma in topic tags
- Fixed Bug: RTL issues with some font-awesome forum icons
- Fixed Bug: RTL issues with forum tags
wpForo Forum 2.1.0 – 2.1.9 | 24.06.2023
- Version 2.1.9
- Compatibility: PHP 8.2
- Fixed Bug: XSS vulnerability in the forum
- Version 2.1.8
- Added: New button [Repair] to fix forum update and installation issues
- Fixed Bug: SSRF vulnerability in the forum
- Fixed Bug: Spoiler and Quotes formatting issue on forum posts
- Fixed Bug: PHP Warning in forum layout #2 when no last post information
- Fixed Bug: Issues with post reaction counting and forum cache
- Fixed Bug: Topic subscription button behavior when forum is subscribed
- Fixed Bug: Double printing of wpforo_date()
- Fixed Bug: WordPress database error Regex error ‘missing closing parenthesis
- Fixed Bug: Conflict with other plugins when BuddyPress integration is enabled
- Fixed Bug: Approved users need to be approved again after password resetting
- Fixed Bug: Forum sitemap.xml when “Turn WordPress to this forum board” is enabled
- Fixed Bug: Control issues with maximum number of attachments per forum posts
- Fixed Bug: Header processing issue with WordPress 6.2+ versions
- Fixed Bug: Bigint validation issues
- Fixed Bug: Backend user synchronization issue
- Fixed Bug: Forum template customization issue
- Version 2.1.7
- Compatibility: WordPress 6.2
- Added: Display forum admin note by secondary usergroups
- Updated: Decreased number of participants’ avatars on forum list
- Fixed Bug: FontAwesome extra CSS file is not found for forum RTL mode
- Fixed Bug: Missing breadcrumb item on forum category page
- Fixed Bug: Incorrect number of replies on forum profile activity list
- Fixed Bug: Small style bugs
- Version 2.1.6
- Updated: New attribute
boardidin wpForo shortcodes
- Fixed Bug: Missing tooltip on post-link buttons
- Fixed Bug: Different location of pagination button location for guests and users
- Fixed Bug: Pagination information in SEO title of profile activity section
- Fixed Bug: Lots of other minor bugs have been fixed.
- Version 2.1.5
- Added: Rich editor for forum description
- Added: do_shortcode() in wpForo email templates
- Fixed Bug: Problem with website URLs containing port number
- Fixed Bug: Unchangeable 10MB max uploaded file size
- Fixed Bug: Duplicated content in recent posts widget
- Fixed Bug: HTML escaping and sanitizing in the forum description and other sections
- Fixed Bug: New filter hook
wpforo_check_refererto disable Error 2252 and Error 2253
- Version 2.1.4
- Fixed Bug: Topic and Post URL problems
- Fixed Bug: Scrolling issues
- Fixed Bug: Email sending issues
- Version 2.1.2 – 2.1.3
- Fixed Bug: Let users create and edit questions with empty content
- Fixed Bug: Email sending issues with internal cache
- Fixed Bug: Do not send email notification to inactive users
- Fixed Bug: Adjust “Can subscribe” permission to control users subscription tab
- Fixed Bug: Problem with Subscribe Manager form for multi-boards
- Fixed Bug: PHP property_exists() problem when settings have not initialized yet
- Fixed Bug: Reactions ordering problem
- Fixed Bug: Popup message problem on password reset page
- Fixed Bug: Issue with some email shortcides
- Fixed Bug: Problem with rendering of quotes on pop-up messages of topic overview
- Fixed Bug: Prevent creating topics with empty title.
- Version 2.1.1
- Changed: Correct location of reply editor after clicking the edit reply button
- Changed: Keep the regular loading type of widgets. AJAX is only used for multi-board forums when current board doesn’t match to the board widget.
- Fixed Bug: Preparation | Fatal error caused at line 231 of file Cache.php: Call to a member function reset()
- Version 2.1.0
- Added: Notification via email when the user become approved
- Added: User approval email template “subject” and “message body”
- Added: AJAX powered forum widgets
- Added: Post reactions caching (likes, dislikes)
- Added: Filter by Forums for Recent Topics widget
- Added: Filter by Forums for Recent Posts widget
- Added: Option to show only replies (skip first post) in Recent Posts widget
- Added: Option to manage post excerpt length in Recent Posts widget
- Added: Update-safe way to customize style.css of wpForo themes
- Added: Button to reset the profile cover image (delete the current one)
- Added: Insert selected quotes to the reply editor
- Added: Email shortcodes in the reset password template
- Added: Secondary usergroup in the Dashboard Members list
- Security: Strip all tags in a post reporting message
- Security: Fixed XSS vulnerability
- Security: Fixed CSRF in user deleting action
- Optimization: SQL optimization for forum statistic
- Optimization: Caching of avatar source URLs to decrease sql queries
- Filter Hook:
wpforo_topic_fields_filter(allows filtering topic fields)
- Filter Hook:
wpforo_avatar_cache(allows disabling avatar cache)
- Fixed Bug: PHP Warning – undefined array key “topicurl” in Actions.php
- Fixed Bug: Issue with Classic theme’s “Add topic” button
- Fixed Bug: Usergroup selecting issue in Online Members widget
- Fixed Bug: Issue with Forum Tab in UM profile page
- Fixed Bug: Empty widget when recent topics are located in private forums
- Fixed Bug: Avoid “board slug duplication error” when executing db fixer SQL
- Fixed Bug: Popup message issue when unsubscribing from a forum or topic
- Fixed Bug: Banned users become active when they change their passwords
- Fixed Bug: Twitter link closing tag on profile page
wpForo Forum 2.0.1 – 2.0.9 | 03.08.2022 – 18.09.2022
IMPORTANT NOTES for UPDATE
- Please deactivate current addons or update them to 3.0.0 version before updating wpForo to 2.0.x
- Deactivate Go2wpForo tool if you have installed and done forum migration
- This is a major update with fully changed forum theme. This update will remove forum template and css customizations. Also, some settings might be reset and you may need to update them again.
- Make sure you don’t have old forum template files in /wpforo/ folder of your current active theme directory.
- After the update, please delete all caches and purge CDN if you have
- After the update, please flush Redis Object Cache if you have this cache enabled
- Please read Update to wpForo v2 Instruction
- In case the update has been done automatically and your website is crashed please use these solutions
ADDED FEATURES and FIXED BUGS
- Version 2.0.9
- Core: SQL Optimization
- Core: More caching items (forum, topic, post URL caching)
- Core: Better built-in cache, better cache deleting control
- Core: Flush Redis Object Cache on activation
- Added: Clickable current forum link in the forums widget
- Fixed Bug: PHP Warning: trying to access key on null, line 228 / 235
- Version 2.0.8
- Added: Nickname on the profile page
- Added: More types of problem detection in Debug > Error & Issues Tab
- Added: New color options for link colors in Colors & Styles admin page
- Added: Source and emoticons buttons in the signature and about editors
- Added: Allow auto-embed bmp, webp, svg and tiff files with URL
- Added: Buttons to flush permalinks in wpForo > Overview admin page
- Should be used if the forum page is changed
- Should be used if the board slug is changed
- Should be used if some pages are not accessible
- Should be used if forum and topic links don’t work
- Should be used if forum paths are changed in General Settings
- Changed: Like button moved to the post bottom section in Extended Layout
- Fixed Bug: Missing colors, make sure all css files are loaded with https
- Fixed Bug: CSS issues if user avatars are disabled
- Fixed Bug: Correct canonical URL for Q&A topics with sorting queries
- Fixed Bug: Stop hiding moderation buttons when topic overview is disabled
- Fixed Bug: Fatal error: array_merge(): Argument #2 must be of type array
- Fixed Bug: PHP Warning at /2/forum.php 103 line
- Fixed Bug: Small CSS issues
- Version 2.0.7
- Added: Filter hooks to set minimum number of posts for Active and Hot topics
- Added: Missing phrases
- Added: Hook to disable topic suggestion requests
- Added: Post count information under the user avatar in the Simplified layout
- Changed: Sitemap pinging links
- Fixed Bug: Problems with displaying login, register and profile pages
- Fixed Bug: Problems with displaying unapproved posts in moderation page
- Fixed Bug: Profile cover image saving problems
- Fixed Bug: Board settings saving issues
- Fixed Bug: Problem with remote avatar saving on the second time
- Version 2.0.6
- Added: Usergroup permission “Can upload cover profile image”
- Added: Display Tags link in forum footer
- Added: Favored button in member’s profile buttons
- Added: Member paths in cache excluding admin notes
- Added: Admin notification when the default board is missing
- Added: Info in Errors & Issues tab when old customized template files are detected
- Security: Added wp_nonce and wp_send_json_error() to all AJAX requests
- Spam Protection: Minimum user level to display signature
- Spam Protection: Don’t show profile fields for users who don’t have content
- Fixed Bug: Classic theme issues (like button, search icon, profile page)
- Fixed Bug: Disable forum statistic using the corresponding option
- Fixed Bug: Duplicated information about points on profile and members page
- Fixed Bug: Icon issue in Member Title profile field
- Fixed Bug: Problem with password changing in forum profile page
- Fixed Bug: Using WordPress timezone for not-loggedin visitors
- Fixed Bug: The checkbox options of Admin Note don’t work
- Fixed Bug: Cannot add forum cover image in non-default boards
- Fixed Bug: Problems with manual approval of new registered users
- Fixed Bug: Turn off topic suggestion when editing a topic
- Fixed Bug: Problem with saving the board description
- Fixed Bug: Stop loading UM css and other functions if UM is not installed
- Fixed Bug: Pagination dropdown background issue
- Fixed Bug: Remove nofollow links from the end of breadcrumbs
- Fixed Bug: Avatar overlapping issue in Simplified layout
- Fixed Bug: Avoid sending duplicated email on new reply and user mentioning
- Fixed Bug: Don’t send email to the post approving moderator
- Fixed Bug: Email template and shortcode issues
- Fixed Bug: User Profile Synchronization Issue
- Fixed Bug: Filter by forums in Recent Posts widget
- Fixed Bug: PHP Note: Empty values in widget / Warning: Undefined array key Posts.php on line 655
- Version 2.0.5
- Added: Topic and Post dislike notification
- Added: ID’s to forum wrappers on forum home page
- Fixed Bug: Forum access “Can Like” doesn’t work
- Fixed Bug: Email shortcode rendering issue
- Fixed Bug: Loosing theme settings when the General Settings are updated
- Fixed Bug: WordPress author URL problem /participant/anonymous/
- Fixed Bug: Admin note “wpForo Installation Status”
- Fixed Bug: User avatar issue in “Profile & Notifications” Widget
- Version 2.0.4
- Added: Separate navigation menu and Menu Location for each board
- Added: Limit suggested topics
- Changed: Hide suggested topics when user left the title field
- Fixed Bug: Language conflict with other plugins in ajax requests
- Fixed Bug: JS/CSS file conflict in dashboard
- Fixed Bug: 404 error when Polyglot plugin is used with single board
- Fixed Bug: PHP Notice / Trying to get property ‘roles’ of non-object in hooks.php on line 22
- Version 2.0.3
- Fixed Bug: Problem with get_locale() function
- Fixed Bug: Deactivate old addons and don’t allow to activate them to avoid fatal errors
- Fixed Bug: Revert the lost sidebar after updating to v2.0
- Version 2.0.1 / 2.0.2
- Multi-board: Allows to create multiple separate forum boards in the same WordPress website.
- Multi-language: Using the multi-board system, you can create multiple separate forums for each language of your website.
- New Settings Page: We’ve re-grouped and re-designed wpForo settings, now it’s very easy to find the option you want.
- New Forum Theme: The new version comes with new 2022 theme and with completely redesigned forum layouts and style.
- New Member Profile System: It’s fully changed with new features and modern design, becoming sitewide profile system.
- New Registered User Approval: Keeps new registered users inactive until they are not activated by forum administrate.
- Added: Redesigned Members Directory
- Added: AJAX powered profile actions and sub-tabs
- Added: Point based user reputation collected on new topic, post, like, dislike
- Added: User following with corresponding (following and followers) tabs in profile
- Added: User ban and edit buttons in users profile pages
- Added: User soft and full deleting option
- Added: Mute button to disable email notifications on user mentioning in posts
- Added: Profile cover image
- Added: Last login information on the profile page
- Added: Separated sub-tabs All/Topics/Posts in Profile > Activity Tab
- Added: Favored Tab with Bookmarks/Likes/Dislikes sub-tabs
- Added: User profile page without forum header and footer
- Topic Overview: on the top of topics with quick stat and a tree of nested replies
- Added: Topic specific statistics with participants and likes count
- Added: Topic suggestion while typing topic title in new topic creation form
- Added: Topic and Post bookmarking button allows adding them in “favored” list
- Added: Topic managing buttons are moved from the first post to the top of all pages
- Added: Topic and Posts Dislike button with new ui/ux
- Added: Topic/Post filter in Dashboard > wpForo > Moderation admin page
- Added: H1 headers in topic tags page
- Added: Forum cover image, available for all layouts
- Added: [Add Topic] button to all layouts on the forum home page
- Added: Forum Jump dropdown in topics footer area
- Added: Category and Forums widget with an option to display as dropdown
- Added: Settings boxes grouping related options
- Added: Settings live search field, jumping to found setting page
- Antispam: Check links in topic custom fields and in signatures for auto moderation
- Antispam: Option to set minimum number of approved posts to be able to edit own profile. Doesn’t allow spammers to create spam profile pages with lots of links and spam content.
- Added: Toggle to keep collapsed wpForo menu shortcodes in Menus admin page
- Added: New social network meta tag “og:local” in forum and topic pages
- Added: Dashboard notification to exclude forum for 7 popular cache plugins
- Lots of options have been added in wpForo Settings
- Lots of bugs have been fixed
- The core is fully re-developed and optimized